More InformationSideBridge SOM Data Sheet
The SideBridge System on Module (SOM) is an ultra-compact form factor based on the Freescale Vybrid VF6 MCU dual core, versatile, low-power microprocessor & microcontroller.
Occupying only 2 in2, the SideBridge SOM provides a low-cost flexible platform for embedded solutions that require rich connectivity and flexibility of the Vybrid microprocessor device. Carrier board options support a variety of wireless network connectivity and GPS positioning for machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It is easy to customize the SideBridge SOM for your needs with the Yocto Project-based board support package and the available development platform.
- Connectivity—Radio Networking
- Consumer—Smart Connected Appliances
- Industrial—HDMI, Mobile Robot, Unmanned Vehicles
- Motor Control—Brushless Motor
- IoT Devices—Gateways and Sensors
Features and Benefits:
- Compact Vybrid SOM for flexible processing and network connectivity
- Carrier boards with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, LAN, USB, display interfaces for M2M and IoT applications
- Complete Board Support Package software (Yocto Project-based) for SOM on each carrier board
- Bridging and routing software for wireless IP-based communications to smartphone
- Dual-core processor ideal for running commercial operating system on one core and RTOS on the other