More InformationPersonal Emergency Transmitter Data Sheet
PET Android Quick Start Guide
PET iPhone Quick Start Guide
PET Android App v1.3
PET: Personal Emergency Transmitter
The Personal Emergency Transmitter (PET) improves personal safety by initiating a call for help and sending emergency text messages with just a press of a button. The PET device is a wearable device that is similar in size and appearance to a common proximity card. A press of the button will automatically send emergency alert text messages to up to 30 recipients, with your personal information and a link to your GPS location. The button press can also automatically initiate a phone call (Android only) so that the recipient can listen in at the scene and/or communicate directly.
PET includes an app that is compatible with both Android smartphones and iPhones. The PET app runs as a background service – it always remains on and will automatically restart if the user closes all of their apps or reboots their phone. The PET device connects to the smartphone over Bluetooth and after the initial pairing process, will automatically reconnect whenever it’s within range of the smartphone.
PET improves personal safety in a variety of scenarios when in a panic, under heavy duress, and in a medical emergency.
- By wearing the PET device, the user can activate the emergency notification quickly and discreetly – there is no fumbling with the phone and attempt to visibly select the right functions. The user can activate PET just by touch.
- The user can activate an emergency even when their smartphone may not be within reach. For example, the user may leave their smartphone inside a vehicle, pocket or backpack. The PET device will still be able to activate the emergency if the user is within 100 feet of their smartphone.
- No monitoring service is required. There are no recurring fees and no third-party monitor – the notifications go directly to the phone recipients the user designates.
- The recipients receive personalized and accurate information. The emergency notification sends the users desired personal data (e.g. name, ID number, etc.) along with the text message. A link to the exact GPS location is sent with the message and is updated if the user moves or if the location accuracy improves. This eliminates the inaccuracy of verbal information that may also be hindered by panic during the emergency.
- Emergency activations can only be cancelled through the PET app thereby preventing accidental or culprit cancellation. PET device can only be powered off through the app.
- Worldwide operation – only dependent on the users phone and cellular service.